Check out _Heaven's Mirror_ (Re: Salvation)

Edouard Lagache (elagache who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu)
Sun, 13 Dec 98 19:56:56 -0800

Hello Everyone,

I could quibble over the other points, but the last point will certainly
be of news to most everyone I think.

Martin Ellison writes:
>And as far as I know, the only evidence for the "Lost Civilisation" is
>Plato's Timaeus (24e-25d).

Graham Hancock has collected a surprising amount of data that points to
such an earlier civilization. See:

_Heaven's Mirror : Quest for the Lost Civilization_ by Graham Hancock &
Santha Faiia (Photographer) Crown Pub; ISBN: 0517708116. (November-1998)

There was a documentary basically covering the book released at about the
same time. Hancock builds on the work of several other rebel
archeologists to point out precise similarities a number of puzzling in
ancient monuments.

For starters, a monument has been discovered off the Southern most tip of
Japan - only one slight problem. It is under 100 meters of water. The
structure clearly looks man-made; yet the last time it was above water
was over 12,000 year ago, before the end of the last ice age.

That is just the tip of the iceberg for what is a very intriguing
argument. Hancock shows that moments in Egypt, South America, and
Cambodia all are "mirrors" of star patterns, but not at the time we
conventionally date them. The monuments are aligned to reproduce the
star patterns as they appeared in 10,500 BC.

The link between the submerged structure and these monuments is an
unexpected one. At the end of the last ice age, sea levels rose rapidly,
by as much as 100 meters. If a civilzation did exist before that time,
and they built their structures in land under 100 meters above sea level
- all traces of their structures would have been long washed out by the
sea or at least well hidden.

That should be enough of a tease to get the curious interested. If
people are more interested, I can give a longer summary of the argument.
It isn't a knockout blow, but it explains a whole lot of thing about the
ancient world that up to now has been at best called accidential.

Peace, Edouard
Edouard Lagache, PhD
Webmaster - Lecturer
Information Technologies
U.C. San Diego, Division of Extended Studies
Voice: (619) 622-5758, FAX: (619) 622-5742
email: elagache who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu
: I flew soundlessly in exharating flight and the heard the sounds :
: of the seas, felt it's deep rhythms listened to my own rhythms. :
: . . . The oceans breathed a life into me that could have never :
: conjured up on my own, and will forever be in its debt :
: Carlos Eyles, _Solo Diving_, 1991 :