[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Butterflies of Zagorski
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Butterflies of Zagorski
- From: Rod Parker-Rees <R.Parker-Rees@plymouth.ac.uk>
- Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 07:39:21 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Cc: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <CAHCnM0BeNN5yGxf7ci5gtSKP6ieFykzyMur9Y+-Jk3-JHXXHmQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAMS1o3FU+3qrYLcGnEW0-fkAQeYQWBprZ8g4gWeO51hp--N5BQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAMS1o3EthVUHo3BGoD_nCk8-VmthHDBqVtccz+qkt8eU4iBo2A@mail.gmail.com> <CAHCnM0BRJBDsf5rXD7BEBYPmfNuXfMSKU5GmZimRx=B5zy5bWw@mail.gmail.com> <5255DA64.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAMS1o3FS+DtsEN7W3bPvMQOATp9-Nhd+tPiAVUT7FVfGkLccWw@mail.gmail.com> <CAHCnM0BeNN5yGxf7ci5gtSKP6ieFykzyMur9Y+-Jk3-JHXXHmQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AQHOxSz6aQjWs/Fu806LAi1nGFWTvZns5NUAgAADRoCAAAfpAIAAnHLA
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Butterflies of Zagorski
'Butterflies of Zagorsk' is the first of a series of three programmes in a short series called 'Transformers'. The other two programmes, one on the work of Reuven Feuerstein (Mediated learning and Instrumental Enrichment) and the other on Matthew Lippman's Philosophy for Children are also well worth watching.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of mike cole
Sent: 10 October 2013 00:16
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Butterflies of Zagorski
Given that advice, we will go ahead and make a copy. If there is an objection, we will take it down. Give us a little time, but asap.
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Wagner Luiz Schmit
> Thanks for the clarification Andy,
> I like that video very much, and it is easily accessible on Youtube,
> but only in Portuguese and with a very very bad quality. I showed it
> in my classes at Brazil to discuss development and education, the
> students always got shocked that a blind person can be a Psychologist
> and have a fruitful life. But now I am in Japan and looked everywhere
> to an English copy, even with BBC, and no chance.
> Indeed most BBC documentaries are available online, but this is not.
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Andy Blunden <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Who owns the VHS tape is not material to your right to digitise it
> > and publish it on vimeo.com.
> > I understand that Butterflies of Zagorsk was produced by Michael
> > Dean for the BBC in 1990.
> > So it will be Michael Dean and/or the BBC who owns the rights.
> > Although
> > is a public organisation, I understand that it is a statutory
> > authority rather than an arm of government so it does exercise
> > ownership over its products.
> > So *technically* you do not have the right to publish it on vimeo.com.
> > in reality, if Dean or the BBC were to object, then it you could
> > take it down and that would be the end of the matter. It is only
> > *persisting* in publishing copyrighted material contrary to legal
> > requests to desist
> > opens you to legal threat, not the publishing as such, as I
> > understand
> > Andy
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > ----
> > *Andy Blunden*
> > http://home.mira.net/~andy/
> > mike cole wrote:
> >> I have a copy of this video in vhs format which can be digitized.
> >> But it belongs to someone. Do I have to right to post it on vimeo?
> >> mike
This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not necessarily secure. While we take every care, Plymouth University accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails and their attachments. Plymouth University does not accept responsibility for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this email or its attachments constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order form.