[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Butterflies of Zagorski
- To: Andy Blunden <email@example.com>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Butterflies of Zagorski
- From: Wagner Luiz Schmit <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 07:48:03 +0900
- Cc: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <5255DA64.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAMS1o3FU+3qrYLcGnEW0-fkAQeYQWBprZ8g4gWeO51hp--N5BQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAMS1o3EthVUHo3BGoD_nCk8-VmthHDBqVtccz+qkt8eU4iBo2A@mail.gmail.com> <CAHCnM0BRJBDsf5rXD7BEBYPmfNuXfMSKU5GmZimRx=B5zy5bWw@mail.gmail.com> <5255DA64.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
Thanks for the clarification Andy,
I like that video very much, and it is easily accessible on Youtube,
but only in Portuguese and with a very very bad quality. I showed it
in my classes at Brazil to discuss development and education, the
students always got shocked that a blind person can be a Psychologist
and have a fruitful life. But now I am in Japan and looked everywhere
to an English copy, even with BBC, and no chance.
Indeed most BBC documentaries are available online, but this is not.
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Andy Blunden <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Who owns the VHS tape is not material to your right to digitise it and
> publish it on vimeo.com.
> I understand that Butterflies of Zagorsk was produced by Michael Dean for
> the BBC in 1990.
> So it will be Michael Dean and/or the BBC who owns the rights. Although BBC
> is a public organisation, I understand that it is a statutory authority
> rather than an arm of government so it does exercise ownership over its
> So *technically* you do not have the right to publish it on vimeo.com. But
> in reality, if Dean or the BBC were to object, then it you could take it
> down and that would be the end of the matter. It is only *persisting* in
> publishing copyrighted material contrary to legal requests to desist which
> opens you to legal threat, not the publishing as such, as I understand it.
> *Andy Blunden*
> mike cole wrote:
>> I have a copy of this video in vhs format which can be digitized. But it
>> belongs to someone. Do I have to right to post it on vimeo?