[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Butterflies of Zagorski
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Butterflies of Zagorski
- From: mike cole <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 16:16:22 -0700
- Cc: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <CAMS1o3FS+DtsEN7W3bPvMQOATp9-Nhd+tPiAVUT7FVfGkLccWw@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAMS1o3FU+3qrYLcGnEW0-fkAQeYQWBprZ8g4gWeO51hp--N5BQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAMS1o3EthVUHo3BGoD_nCk8-VmthHDBqVtccz+qkt8eU4iBo2A@mail.gmail.com> <CAHCnM0BRJBDsf5rXD7BEBYPmfNuXfMSKU5GmZimRx=B5zy5bWw@mail.gmail.com> <5255DA64.email@example.com> <CAMS1o3FS+DtsEN7W3bPvMQOATp9-Nhd+tPiAVUT7FVfGkLccWw@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Given that advice, we will go ahead and make a copy. If there is an
we will take it down. Give us a little time, but asap.
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Wagner Luiz Schmit
> Thanks for the clarification Andy,
> I like that video very much, and it is easily accessible on Youtube,
> but only in Portuguese and with a very very bad quality. I showed it
> in my classes at Brazil to discuss development and education, the
> students always got shocked that a blind person can be a Psychologist
> and have a fruitful life. But now I am in Japan and looked everywhere
> to an English copy, even with BBC, and no chance.
> Indeed most BBC documentaries are available online, but this is not.
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Andy Blunden <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Who owns the VHS tape is not material to your right to digitise it and
> > publish it on vimeo.com.
> > I understand that Butterflies of Zagorsk was produced by Michael Dean for
> > the BBC in 1990.
> > So it will be Michael Dean and/or the BBC who owns the rights. Although
> > is a public organisation, I understand that it is a statutory authority
> > rather than an arm of government so it does exercise ownership over its
> > products.
> > So *technically* you do not have the right to publish it on vimeo.com.
> > in reality, if Dean or the BBC were to object, then it you could take it
> > down and that would be the end of the matter. It is only *persisting* in
> > publishing copyrighted material contrary to legal requests to desist
> > opens you to legal threat, not the publishing as such, as I understand
> > Andy
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > *Andy Blunden*
> > http://home.mira.net/~andy/
> > mike cole wrote:
> >> I have a copy of this video in vhs format which can be digitized. But it
> >> belongs to someone. Do I have to right to post it on vimeo?
> >> mike