[Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Oscar winner¹s film features Khan Academy in the classroom this Friday on CBS

A quick question on this month's article for discussion.
I would like to get a copy of Jennifer's article ASAP because school has
just reopened and the two topics of *social emotional learning* &
*self-regulation* are flooding classrooms.
I want to engage the 33 counselors working in Vancouver's elementary
schools to critically examine this emerging new initiative which is
dominating the airwaves. This week we all gather together to start the year.
Vancouver School District has a department called *The SocialEmotional
Learning Team.

For others interested in this topic Jack Martin at SFU has a book out ON
educating *selves* looking at the discourse of *educational psychology*
since 1950. Chapters on self-concept, self-esteem, and self-regulation.
Developing what he calls the triple *e* student. [self expressive, self
enterprising, and self entitled].

*self-regulation* the new wave washing the shores of educational psychology.
Larry