[Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Oscar winner¹s film features Khan Academy in the classroom this Friday on CBS

Helena,
This project has morphed into a large enterprise. The Gates foundation
*seeded $30,000,000 dollars to *scale up* Khan Academy.
They get millions [yes millions] of downloads every day. They track how
successfully each lesson is and constantly update the sites. They are using
the same kinds of information feedback loops to *improve* their product
like Facebook, Google, or Microsoft. This model is very scalable, very
quickly.
All lessons are free open source. There are now schools that are modeling
this *flipped classroom model* where the student watches the video at home,
and comes to school to do *homework* and get assistance.
This is a phenomena that is also being watched closely by governments.

Definitely growing [scaling] and spreading. I'm sure we will be exploring
what this *means* on this site?

Larry