[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Oscar winner¹s film features Khan Academy in the classroom this Friday on CBS
- To: Helena Worthen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Oscar winner¹s film features Khan Academy in the classroom this Friday on CBS
- From: Greg Thompson <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 08:44:31 -0600
- Cc: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <CE4C0313.1D841firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHH++PnTmiypts0sBuWfPYNT+eif32Oe1GL4D+Z+3AqZexKr7A@mail.gmail.com> <CE4C0313.1D841email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
I would be very surprised if it were somehow connected to Sal Khan and the
But it sounds worth investigating. Please do let me know if you are able to
find the original video.
On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 7:23 PM, Helena Worthen <firstname.lastname@example.org>wrote:
> Hi -- Greg and others; this is curious. The video that my students were
> passing around was actually a cartoon, produced by Kahnacademy. It was
> about the Federal Reserve. While it began with a fairly reasonable
> explanation of what the Federal Reserve does, it shifted after a while
> into a kind of Elders of Zion-type conspiracy. I am trying to find it. It
> doesn't come up on google. What I am getting out of a search for "Kahn
> Academn" and "federal reserve' is a lot of lectures with graphs drawn in
> colored lines against black.
> On 9/3/13 11:34 AM, "Greg Thompson" <email@example.com> wrote:
> >See forward below for an interesting Khan Academy promo about a teacher
> >using Khan Academy to teach math in her classroom.
> >---------- Forwarded message ----------
> >From: Suney Park from Khan Academy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> >Date: Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 4:00 AM
> >Subject: Oscar winner¹s film features Khan Academy in the classroom this
> >Friday on CBS
> >To: email@example.com
> > Hello!
> >I¹m so excited to share that one of our Khan Academy teachers and her
> >are being featured in the upcoming film, TEACH, by Academy Award-winning
> >filmmaker Davis Guggenheim. Watch this 3-minute sneak preview of Shelby's
> >journey ahead of the premiere this Friday night:
> >[image: Incredible teachers! Sneak preview of two-hour movie on CBS this
> >Watch the sneak
> >The emotional two-hour special, hosted by Queen Latifah, explores
> >education system through the eyes of Shelby Harris, one of our star Khan
> >Academy educators, and three other inspirational public school teachers.
> >Join me and millions of others in watching the premiere of the full
> >two-hour special this Friday on CBS at 8pm ET/PT.
> >Suney Park
> >*Teacher-in-residence at Khan Academy*
> >*6th grade teacher at Eastside College Prep, CA*
> >PO Box 1630, Mountain View, CA 94042
> >P.S. If you¹re outside the US - don¹t worry! - we¹re working on getting
> >access to the film directly through our site sometime soon. In the
> >meantime, be sure to watch the 3-minute
> >Shelby implementing Khan Academy in her classroom.
> >You're receiving this because you are signed up as a Coach on Khan
> >If we've made a mistake and you're a student, apologies - please click
> >unsubscribe. If you'd simply prefer not to receive any more coach news
> >or updates from me, click
> >Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
> >Visiting Assistant Professor
> >Department of Anthropology
> >883 Spencer W. Kimball Tower
> >Brigham Young University
> >Provo, UT 84602
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Anthropology
883 Spencer W. Kimball Tower
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602