[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] AERA Reminders!
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] AERA Reminders!
- From: mike cole <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:05:34 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:from:date :message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=oiZ3QPNvTtGY1KfCoZDf6j0CwPiUEa0Txb4yZPDpacs=; b=NaRb2UKjYYAk8RihGcMZ2V3YeyF9TiZuQShO2evGxyCMrA+RZ8erH7R5CRG2rK+B8V z7E0t3hEqSVfIJFjBcFjok1y9MelHuylIS4Eof2wQRdIT0XnO4n7Hy9LOf6Zhc3FGlUS siFEn2RknFJYV51OhdTkWo3M1KS2qWb0WTflMkeu54WYvrOyrudY+KNPBwMNxdTVUxj/ Cz+BTbdewQptq7ECbHTIPOcbvoRY8ozTL2sFVd2x5oIGPBPpjxLKPBCX5JNEpzlOKvVi U4FwIqTm0Fo9VlbIZzZgZNGU1+PHyZ4ym6sjQ0jTkEF8lJbK7Xsj8uw39wkfPBBUP7ON axsg==
- In-reply-to: <3B19033D3E2EC34C97DF364119A79A6103894AF7@EXVS1.its.uidaho.edu>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <3B19033D3E2EC34C97DF364119A79A6103894AF7@EXVS1.its.uidaho.edu>
- Reply-to: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Looking forward to the excitement.
c u "up north"
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Duvall, Emily <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hello Folks!
> A reminder to encourage all of you to attend our CHR-SIG Business Meeting
> on Tuesday, April 30
> 7:15pm - 8:45pm CH-R SIG Westin St. Francis, Second Level - Elizabethan B
> AND, as well as numerous CHAT related presentations and symposia, a
> professional development course is being offered. We still have several
> spots open if you would like to join the course.
> Cultural Historical Activity Theory in the 21st Century: Intersections of
> Theory, Research, Policy, and Praxis (professional development course
> Time: Tuesday, April 30-8:00-12:00 p.m.
> Place: Grand Hyatt, Ballroom Level - Sequoia
> Sponsor: Professional Development and Training Committee
> Session Participants: Instructors: Carrie L. Lobman (Rutgers University);
> Emily Duvall (University of Idaho); Natalia Gajdamaschko (Simon Fraser
> University); Tatiana Akhutina (Laboratory of Neuropsychology Lomonosov
> Moscow State University); Michael Cole (University of California - San
> Diego); Elena Bodrova (McREL); Lois Holzman (East Side Institute); Jaime E.
> Martinez (New York Institute of Technology); Kris D. Gutiérrez (University
> of Colorado - Boulder); Gordon Wells (University of California - Santa
> Cruz); Ana Marjanovic-Shane (Chestnut Hill College)
> Abstract: The course is designed to support graduate students' and early
> and mid career scholars' research through the systematic acquisition and
> interpretation of a significant body of knowledge accumulated by more
> advanced CHAT scholars in recent years. This course emphasizes the
> application of CHAT theory to the study and development of educational
> practices across a range of ages and settings, with an emphasis on
> practices that place cultural tools and learning activity at the center of
> attempts to understand "the relationship of education and poverty."
> Participants will develop their understanding of a variety of CHAT
> methodologies including mediated action, development of higher
> psychological functions, and play and learning activity in the tradition of
> Vygotsky and those that have further developed his work. The mini-course
> will provide direct and intensive instruction from experts in the field and
> establish a network of continuing support for their research. Participants
> will be partnered with instructors based on the compatibility of their
> research projects and the expertise of the instructor.
> Emily Duvall, PhD
> Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction
> Assistant Professor of Neuroscience
> University of Idaho, Coeur d'Alene
> 1031 North Academic Way, Suite 242 | Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
> T 208 292 2512 | F 208 667 5275 email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
> | www.cda.uidaho.edu <http://www.cda.uidaho.edu/>
> He only earns his freedom and his life, who takes them every day by storm.
> -- Johann Wolfgang Goethe
> xmca mailing list
xmca mailing list