Re: [xmca] Operations, mental images and emotions (!)

Hi Haydi,

I'm not following your train of thought. Yes, what humans do certainly becomes routinized. But how does this connect to "reified ideals"? I can't find that phrase in Leontiev's chapter 3.5.  I've been thinking that activity is defined by a motive, which could be an ideal but not necessarily so. (That's why I quoted Marx: I presume we'd agree that production is an activity? According to Marx production can be motivated by a mental image, a need, a desire...  But I repeat myself.)

Are you suggesting that once an activity's actions are routinized, it is no longer an activity?

And are you suggesting that having a baby becomes routine and automatic? I would imagine one would have to have a lot of babies for that to occur!  : )

Martin