Re: [xmca] Abstract to Concrete

Andy,

This is the point where I become *completely* baffled by your complex account of concepts, and concepts of concepts. In what possible sense does an oval table "model" collaboration? After all, the linguistic image we are all more familiar with is "round table" not oval. Are you suggesting that people cannot collaborate around a square or rectangular table? That people seated around an oval table inevitably collaborate? Somewhere in this thread modeling has been described as the explaining of a problematic situation and offering a perspective for resolving and transforming it. Important, no doubt, but to attribute all this to a table seems, shall we say, implausible.

Martin