[xmca] Frameworks for Dialogic Perspectives

Dear Larry and Greg,
 I am following here exploring how another notion of recognition might 'be more 'productive' in Greg's terms. I haven't those same readings, and I've left Vasilyuk open for a while - but in there he , for me, affirms the 'creative' and where this comes into play as 'biography' -  from his explication of 'reflection' .
 Though this theme here is a bit different, in the last thread I make an account of Husserl and bracketing in another tradition of 'action-research' -one which values dialogue - mostly in workshop oral practice.. There is a leap from that to written text- are they generating on different principles?
In my spoken oral 'knowing' I encountered discussion of the 'movement' rooted  'from' Gadamer, in an 'interpretive' workshop with Georg Psathas - Boston - it was a lively couple of days with conversations of 'self-taught' and all sorts of marvelous expression and communication 'going on'. He depicted phenomenology as appearing in awareness, and his work is in Conversation Analysis - which was refreshing.

Though in relation to phenomena in 'talk' not transformation of the social- in- the- world- beyond learning agency , so to speak ( that might be a red herring). Of the work in ethnography I found Psathas to be more proximal to intervention 'needs' in the 'heat' of spoken oral meetings.
Discourse frameworks informative of studying meaning production in 'writing' relative for CHAT , i have found Lynne Pearce ' Reading Dialogics' 1994 Edward Arnold. She roots a notion of notion of 'dialogic epistemology' in  Bakhtin -  explores 'simultaneity' in her book and 'relational stance.

In her introduction there is a vignette  - which reveals the 'reading' of dialogic power through the 'listening' of a third person to two ther interlocutors - via the technology of  the telephone. She takes  'intonation' as lying at the border of the way in which, intonation reveals much about the relationship of speaker and addressee - the power dynamic.  I took from this that 'listening' to someone talking to someone else - as 'real addressees' reveals  I'll be brutal  -lots of construction of social organisation . With no such thing as an 'abstract addressee.
This is interesting - I take it to educational intervention and 'perspective-taking/ making as  fundamental  -  inescapable - inter-dependence , and the 'third' can 'help' both maybe. Dialogic development is 'listening' sensitively - as 'safe' in the intimacy of teaching:learning practice. it's in the back of my mind until in-situ somethings 'hails' or interpellates? As educator to hear issues coming and still enable self-interdependent 'perspective expression.
That is my memory of identity in teaching 'Critical Thinking' in undergraduate contexts. Yet I was finding the exploration through this work. She brings in Gadamer , where others have drawn on his I-thou 'consensual' relation who have supplemented a 'conflictual' reading of Bakhtin - one she doesn't hold herself.
The conflictual reading ofBakhtin: Pearce citing bauer p11: Bauer 'feminist dialogics' 1989 says this:

"My first reaction to Bakhtin was to become seduced by his theory of
dialogism since it seemed to offer a utopian ground for all voices to
flourish; at least all voices could aspire to internal polemic and
dialogism. Yet Bakhtin's blind spot is the battle. He does not work out
the contradiction between the promises of utopia or community and the
battle which is always waged for control" p11
 Pearce's contrast to this was R.Stam's ' Subversive pleasures' 1989 - [ language as material, multiaccentual, and historical, and is densely overloaded with the traces of historical usages] both current at the time of her own writing .
 Just a  first response. My 'interest' or 'agenda at that time ofresearch/ teaching was constellated around ICT mediation - but it came to appear in face-to-face teaching as 'locus/site of development'.
 Christine