[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] moral denial
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] moral denial
- From: Robert Lake <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 22:52:29 -0500
- Cc: Rebecca Martusewicz <email@example.com>
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <4EF93FE8.email@example.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <4EF93FE8.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am C.C ing a colleague on it.
Do you have any leads on this situation?
Thanks so much for any light you can shed.
On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 10:47 PM, Andy Blunden <email@example.com> wrote:
> I am considering doing some work with an historian who has written the
> history of an asbestos plant and its community. Does anyone know of any
> work done, preferably in the CHAT tradition, on the opposite of a moral
> panic, what we could call, I suppose, "moral denial"? There is lot about
> management cover-up, even stuff about panic over asbestos, medical
> evidence, and "living with asbestos," but nothing about how a whole
> comunity can keep on working with asbestos when the lethal nature of the
> material was already public knowledge, until half the town had died of or
> contracted asbestosis. We have lots of ideas, but like to know if anyone
> else has looked at this.
> Any hints?
> *Andy Blunden*
> Joint Editor MCA: http://www.tandfonline.com/**toc/hmca20/18/1<http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/hmca20/18/1>
> Home Page: http://home.mira.net/~andy/
> Book: http://www.brill.nl/default.**aspx?partid=227&pid=34857<http://www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=227&pid=34857>
> xmca mailing list
*Robert Lake Ed.D.
Social Foundations of Education
Dept. of Curriculum, Foundations, and Reading
Georgia Southern University
P. O. Box 8144
Phone: (912) 478-5125
Fax: (912) 478-5382
Statesboro, GA 30460
*Democracy must be born anew in every generation, and education is its
xmca mailing list