Re: [xmca] Al Andalus as a model for *{ }*

Hi Christine and others interested in Al Andalus as a model of "alterity"
and the renaiisance NOT as a re-birth rather an extension of the Al Andulus
culture.
I'm attaching a TV documentary exploring the Christian conquest of Toledo in
1085 but The Christian king left the culture intact.  Hundreds of Christian
scholars came from European countries and then returned bring Islamic
science and culture with them. One result was the founding of Oxford.
Mike, this is a fascinating concrete example of "mind" being altered by
"alterity".  It was a brief moment in time with profound impact on "Europe"
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but I find it fascinating.
I hope this is in intact attachment.

Larry