Re: [xmca] Natural/Cultural Lines/

Thanks Peter. Interesting.
What I am trying to figure out is Vygotsky's theory of concept formation and
recent posts that have introduced new (for me) distinctions as a way to
understand, say, the concept formation process described in chapter 5-6 of
T&S.

Re the example. I have no doubt that there was nothing wrong with my taste
buds and  my wife and i appeared to establish "intersubjectivity" that the
soup was yummy in a special way.

Our language does not allow us to put it into words. Perhaps a great chef
would be able to talk to another chef about it, like expert wine tasters.

One question is -- what is the state of our cognitive processes here?
Another question concerns imagination. I am thinking, tentatively, that our
imaginations WERE impaired.
Anyway, an example of the experiencable, the shareably experienceable, but
not formulatable in language.
mike