From: Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net>
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Sent: Mon, April 26, 2010 4:58:11 AM
Subject: [xmca] speaking in verbs

Can anyone tell me who was the first to insist on the title of Vygotsky's famous work being translated as "Thinking and Speech" rather than "Thought and Word" and does anyone know of the most famous or first claims made about the importance of thinking speaking in verbs rather than nouns. And any claims to the contrary, that nouns are the best, and has anyone claimed that adjectives and adverbs are philosophically superior?

Andy

Andy Blunden http://home.mira.net/~andy/ +61 3 9380 9435 Skype andy.blunden
An Interdisciplinary Theory of Activity: http://www.brill.nl/scss