Re: [xmca] Second funeral held for Chilean activist Victor Jara

Hi David,

I deeply and profoundly love him, he is one of the most important and loved
musicians in my life...

I remember Silvio Rordriguez from Cuba, when he came with Chucho Valdes and
his group Irakere to Santiago de Chile in 1990 and gave a concert in that
very same national stadium in which Victor was assassinated brutally, a
concert which, he declared to nearly 80 thousand people, that he
dedicates to Victor.

I also know that later the stadium was named Victor Jara National Stadium,
that the widow of Victor, Joan, nowadays struggles for the declaration of it
as national cultural heritage.

Ulvi
Istanbul, Turkey