Re: [xmca] submission of papers for sakai

From: Elaine Parent <eparent who-is-at ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon Jul 14 2008 - 11:25:42 PDT

Hi Olga,
Thought of you last week when I met a member of my depression group
at Thornton. Apparently, she and her Baptist husband minister (for
Hispanics) were involved in something called the Parents' Institute,
and dedicated to working with Hispanic parents to address the lack of
Hispanic educational achievement. Her name is Eunice but I don't
know her last name. Was wondering if you had ever heard of it....
sounds like a parents' version of the 5th Dimension. Incidentally, I
worked with the guy at Berkeley to nominate the UC Links effort to
the James Irvine Foundation's leadership program. Understand that you
and Mike (with him) started it. Also, personally nominated Mike for
the APA award for psychological contributions to education, but
haven't heard boo from anyone!

Incidentally, Eunice, like me at age 84, is depressed about age....
me, too.... really a detour (as is my glaucoma) on what I have
remaining to do! Nothing like being a workaholic. So beware....
Ciao,
Elaine