Re: [xmca] NYTimes.com article: Seeing No Progress, Some Schools Drop Laptops

From: Peg Griffin <Peg.Griffin who-is-at worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat May 05 2007 - 13:01:50 PDT

I'm not sure it is "other side of that coin."
I think forming voluntary acts IS breaking away so activities and
institutions grow.

Now, often, we elders give in to and settle for destitute reactions like
more surveillance, more external evaluation, and restricting access instead
of recognizing and engaging with the alienation controlling the youngers
reactions. In that way we elders abandon the youngers; it comes to "falling
apart" not breaking away, reaction not action, destitution not institution.
PG