Re: online course design considerations (technology)

From: N (VYGOTSKY@CHARTER.NET)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 18:31:51 PDT

I checked it out. I like that it is GNU (Open Source). But I can't see
what it will give besides a list serve which would be a snap for LCHC to
set up.

I have had no luck with Gordan's mention either - it tells me no page
exists.

My preference would be to keep it as simple as possible. For example, it
makes no sense to use a program that gives one a list serve when a
perfectly good one can be created easily. A system of user name /
passwords will discourage some who may chose to become engaged.

What is needed any way? A list serve, a way to stream video and audio,
and a way to make reading accessible. I hear in Oz (Australia) there
working on ways of transporting matter from one place to another (Star
Trek).

This is accessible,

http://people.ucsc.edu/~gwells/CHATbook/