Hegel embodied? dialectics and ecologies

From: Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad@goteborg.utfors.se)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 03:24:23 PDT

Hi Andy

Thanks for the direction pointer, it sounds like a useful frame of mind to
wear if I ever get around to REALLY reading Hegel. (I make admiring dips
into your website now and then, that's all).

I find something of a generality in this, that when I read writers of the
older generations I need to make a mental turn to find the point from where
they make perfect sense, and then it is a good thing to have a clew from
someone who is familiar with the territory. And yet, I am very impatient
with secondhand or thirdhand renderings, vastly prefer to sample or
navigate the actual texts with an ariadne thread like yours.

I do have a question (well, the question is if I can formulate my wondering
AS a question) -- as I did not understand whether your conclusion is that a
reading of Hegel would show that dialectical modes of reasoning and system
dynamical modes of reasoning are incompatible, or on the contrary, that
they might be compatible.

Eva

At 11.20 +1000 0-06-13, Andy Blunden scrobe: