Re: Anyone object?

From: Judy Diamondstone (diamonju@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 11:31:52 PDT

Sure. I'm willing to do that -- please let me know if you're willing to let
me topicalize your xmca email messages -- Please note that I don't think of
this as topicalizing people. The people are unavailable to me -- words
written in this medium in the context of particular exchanges are all I
have. That's something I say in the paper.
 I'll write to individuals also. Thanks to all. Judy

At 09:24 AM 4/3/00 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi Judy--
>
>Seems to me that you ought to put the question the other way around. If
>people want to the be topics of your paper, as identifiable people,
>name changes notwithstanding, you ought to get their permission.
>
>There are enough features of the medium to make people cautious as it is.
>
>Here, American style I suppose, my impulse is to ask for a vote on
>preferences!
>mike

Judith Diamondstone (732) 932-7496 Ext. 352
Graduate School of Education
10 Seminary Place
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1183