Re: originality

Leigh Star (s-star1 who-is-at uiuc.edu)
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 11:39:13 -0600

Bruno Latour has a saying that cracks me up: "Petty theft and bricolage
are the twin teats of science" (Peage et bricolage sont les deux mammelles
de la science)....It does sound better in French.

:-)

Leigh

>Nate writes:
>
>Vygotsky like Lewin can be put in a box of taking other's ideas.
>
>Nate-- Just to help me out a little in this discussion. Could you provide
>me with an example of someone for whom this is not true? Personally,
> I have never encountered such a person.
>mike

Susan Leigh Star, Professor
University of Illinois
501 East Daniel St. Champaign, IL 61820 USA
(217) 244-3280

"A classified and hierarchically ordered set of pluralities, of variants,
has none of the sting of the miscellaneous and uncoordinated plurals of our
actual world." --John Dewey