Re: Women's international day

Eugene Matusov (ematusov who-is-at UDel.Edu)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:27:23 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01BE6A1F.CD19C0A0

Hi everybody--

I'm joining Ricardo in his solidarity with women. I want to know if
somebody knows the history of the March 8th day as the International Day of
solidity with women. When and how did this celebration start? What is the
story behind it? I know that very few people in the US celebrate or even
know about this day. Why is it so?

Thanks,

Eugene

-----Original Message-----
From: Ricardo Ottoni <rjapias who-is-at ibm.net>
To: xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Monday, March 08, 1999 11:16 PM
Subject: Women's international day

>To all women in this list,
>my solidarity,
>and
>as Barbara Kruger said on an out-door here, in Brazil, in 1992:
>"Women do not have to be in silence"
>
>Ricardo.

------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01BE6A1F.CD19C0A0
filename="Eugene Matusov.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Matusov;Eugene;;
FN:Eugene Matusov
ORG:University of Delaware;School of Education
TITLE:Assistant Professor
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(302) 831-1266
TEL;VOICE:
TEL;WORK;FAX:(302) 831-4445
ADR;WORK:;Willard Hall 206D;School of Education;Newark;DE;19716
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Willard Hall 206D=3D0D=3D0ASchool =
of Education=3D0D=3D0ANewark, DE 19716
URL:http://ematusov.eds.udel.edu
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:ematusov who-is-at udel.edu
REV:19990309T162723Z
END:VCARD

------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01BE6A1F.CD19C0A0--