[Xmca-l] Re: ...kind of like guarding Lenin's tomb

HENRY SHONERD hshonerd@gmail.com
Fri May 29 10:31:41 PDT 2020

There’s a research, I believe at Stanford, who has followed classroom learning under two “treatments”. In simple strokes: One group is told, “Very good, you’re smart.” The other, “Very good, so good you worked so hard on that.” The second group has greater “gains”. Some other research, that I think is resonant is the work on “deliberate practice” and elite performance. In a nutshell, the value of homework is determined by amount and quality. So far, the chat has focussed on what goes on in the classroom. What happens outside the classroom is just as important.
Henry