[Xmca-l] Re: Teacher Learning & CHAT

Adam Lefstein alefstein@gmail.com
Thu May 14 08:26:14 PDT 2020

Dear Arturo,
I wish I could enroll in your course!  I'm not aware of work in the teacher
learning field that self-identifies as "critical CHAT", but there are quite
a few of us who are influenced by sociocultural ideas about teacher
learning on the job.  I recommend in particular research by Judith Warren
Little, Ilana Horn, Nicole Louie, Elham Kazemi, and Peter Smagorinsky.
Some colleagues and I recently published a review of 64 studies of teacher
collaborative discourse, many of which adopt a roughly sociocultural
approach:
Lefstein, A., Louie, N., Segal, A., & Becher, A. (2020). Taking Stock of
Research on Teacher Collaborative Discourse: Theory and Method in a Nascent
Field.   *Teaching and Teacher Education, 88.  *
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0742051X1930527X__;!!Mih3wA!Q6dDFTbuVSfcCbqgzGTWAINVyQGd9KCDEiC8-uqOp_P_x9h_PKE5UJmnUHspaJAfUn6GAQ$
And we wrote an essay on the topic that I'm happy to share (forthcoming in
Educational Researcher).
Finally, this piece takes a relatively CHAT perspective on the topic:
Segal, A., Lefstein, A. & Vedder-Weiss, D. (2018) Appropriating Protocols
for the Regulation of Teacher Professional Conversations.  *Teaching and
Teacher Education, 70*, 215-226*.*
I'm happy to share e-copies off list if anyone is interested.  I look
forward to hearing others' ideas, and to connecting with others who are
interested in the topic (and please send the syllabus for your course).
Best wishes,
adam

--

אדם לפסטיין