[Xmca-l] Re: Teacher Learning & CHAT

Helen Grimmett helen.grimmett@monash.edu
Thu May 14 16:13:28 PDT 2020

Hi Arturo,
Not sure if this counts as 'Critical CHAT', but my PhD research used Cultural-Historical theory to develop a theoretical explanation of the practice of teachers' professional development that you may find interesting. A revised version of my thesis was published by Sense (now Brill)
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brill.com/view/title/37721?rskey=THuTue&result=1&contents=editorial-content__;!!Mih3wA!QioiyToeWqZUr98zi0fjnm6P9T5mUad6TFrrGumUbUxCONywkl4jCi9qH9wXpT6OTQNeCw$  and may be available through your library via SpringerLink.
Search for Grimmett The Practice of Teachers’ Professional Development: A Cultural-Historical Approach.
Alternatively, the actual thesis (complete with astonishing typo in a chapter heading that I didn't discover until revising the manuscript for the book!) is available here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bridges.monash.edu/articles/Developing_WITHIN_practice_PD_A_cultural-historical_approach_to_understanding_the_institutional_practice_of_teachers_professional_development/4664125/1__;!!Mih3wA!QioiyToeWqZUr98zi0fjnm6P9T5mUad6TFrrGumUbUxCONywkl4jCi9qH9wXpT5TD0ntpg$

The theory chapter at the beginning and the final chapter might be the most useful.

Good luck with your course,
Helen
--
DR HELEN GRIMMETT
Lecturer in Primary and Early Years Education

Recent work:
Heck, D., Grimmett, H., & Willis, L.-D. (2019). Teacher educators using cogenerative dialogue to reclaim professionalism. In A. Gutierrez, J. Fox, & C. Alexander (Eds.), Professionalism and teacher education: Voices from policy and practice, (pp. 137–156). Singapore: Springer.

Grimmett, H., Forgasz, R., Williams, J., & White, S. (2018). Reimagining the role of mentor teachers in professional experience: moving to I as fellow teacher educator. Asia-Pacific Journal of Teacher Education, 46(4), 340-353. doi:10.1080/1359866X.2018.1437391

Williams, J., White, S., Forgasz, R., & Grimmett, H. (2018). Stories from the third space: Teacher educators’ professional learning in a school/university partnership. In A. Fitzgerald, G. Parr, & J. Williams (Eds.), Re-imagining professional experience in initial teacher education: Narratives of learning (pp. 19-36). Singapore: Springer Singapore.

Willis, L.-D., Grimmett, H., & Heck, D. (2018). Exploring cogenerativity in initial teacher education school-university partnerships using the methodology of metalogue. In J. Kriewaldt, A. Ambrosetti, D. Rorrison, & R. Capeness (Eds.), Educating future teachers: Innovative perspectives in professional experience (pp. 49-69). Singapore: Springer Singapore.