[Xmca-l] Re: Your views on a question.

Harshad Dave hhdave15@gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 23:24:25 PDT 2020

Atten.: Anthony Barra and David Kellog.

Hi,

This is with reference to your replies to my message. I am thankful for the
same and regret for the delay in reply. I used the word “apartheid” just in
the sense of racism, complains of blacks/brown that they are discriminated
in social dealing by whites etc. David Kellog - Thanks for the detail
source of the word “apartheid”, however I request you to take its meaning
in the same sense as expressed above. The suggested/recommended articles
are viewed in a glancing by me; I recall I have read them (one or more) on
Academia web. You will agree their subject matter is different. Anthony
Barra – The article that was recommended by you is read by me and it
touches on various realities in the subject matter of our topic.

I just put my views against the question I asked in my message dtd. 17 June
2020.

There are two most probable answers.

1.      The turned out black European people will be the victim of racism
(discrimination) by the turned out white people from African origin.

2.      The situation remains the same and the world will see protests and
fights on an issue or against a complaining that the black European people
discriminate white people of African origin in the USA.

I leave it to the readers to give their logical consideration to the one
out of the above two, but my opinion says the second answer will hold good,
but one should not forget it is just true on hypothetical presumption.

It is a mistake to believe that *the attitude of discrimination* and *sickness
of racism *harbor in the color of the skin. In fact above altitude/sickness
is founded on the difference of *mental socio economic formation status* of
two men. There is a basic difference between the two statuses of *mental
socio economic formation *of black people of African origin and that of
white people of European origin. I believe that a mass of people
constituting a society with advanced socio economic formation has fair
chances to exploit the mass of people constituting a society with backward
socio economic formation. It is equally true for two classes of peoples at
different *mental socio economic formation status* also. But, here (in the
USA) both the classes of people are living in the same society with one
*constitution* and uniform *rule of laws*. It is absurd to believe that the
present socio economic formation of the society of the USA (21st century)
has prevailed and occupied equally and uniformly by each and every citizen
of the USA. One might find various people in the present society of the USA
with different levels of *mental socio economic formation status*. It is
really a complicated situation when the society is throughout with the
latest socio economic formation and members of the society are with varying
levels of *mental socio economic formation status* in the same society. Let
me present part of the message of Abraham Lincoln before I finish this
message.

Fourth Debate: Charleston, Illinois – September 18, 1858.

“*I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing
about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black
races, [applause]-that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making
voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to
intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there
is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe
will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and
political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do
remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I
as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position
assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that
because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be
denied everything.*”

Here it is between the lines that difference in the *mental socio economic
formation status* could be compensated to some extent, but for equality
people with backward *mental socio economic formation status* will have to
work hard to develop the same.

I clarify, neither I am in favor of nor against the victims of the issue of
discrimination and racism as far as my contemplation on the subject matter
is to be carried out. But, I just want to explain where the real cause
harbors.

Regards,

Harshad Dave