[Xmca-l] Re: "this remarkable list" (Gabosch, 2002)

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 19 09:50:36 PDT 2020

Is this what you are looking for, Anthony?
Here is a good translation.
Seth's article is super helpful in untangling misunderstandings. The
translation of obuchenie in* Mind in Society*
as learning is misleading, for reasons explained in the attached article I
wrote several years ago about the problem.
(the problem is alive and well in a field called "learning sciences" where
instruction is a cipher and development
is not the primary category).

Your set of videos is a great resource.  And your use of the
xlchc/xmca archives is just what was hoped for when
we began the practices that have evolved into what one sees today. We have
not heard from Steve for a long time,
but he got his PH.D supported by participants in the discussion at this
time. He is/was an assembly line work at
Boeing at the time.

Mike
PS - Now if we could collectively move from pseudoconcepts to few concepts
and have the wits to know the difference
it would be great!!  :-)

--

I[image: Angelus Novus] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelus_Novus__;!!Mih3wA!VtNGVx3ivSCG5Sa1V-AME3LCIno6YKalCaK_Diy-ZA1wJXcIqtlyTzc8E2nF0EGrqu_KGg$ >The
Angel's View of History

It is only in a social context that subjectivism and objectivism,
spiritualism and materialism, activity and passivity cease to be
antinomies, and thus cease to exist as such antinomies. The resolution of
the theoretical contradictions is possible only through practical means,
only through the practical energy of humans. (Marx, 1844).
Cultural Praxis Website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://culturalpraxis.net__;!!Mih3wA!VtNGVx3ivSCG5Sa1V-AME3LCIno6YKalCaK_Diy-ZA1wJXcIqtlyTzc8E2nF0EGQSoBIVw$
Re-generating CHAT Website: re-generatingchat.com
Archival resources website: lchc.ucsd.edu.
Narrative history of LCHC:  lchcautobio.ucsd.edu.