[Xmca-l] Re: Covid as World Perezhivanie?

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:38:21 PDT 2020

Hi Greg,

Experience, as a unit, does not seem adequate. Intentionality, rather,
yields particular experiences (see section 8 of this
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.academia.edu/42233036/A_Study_of_Active_Orientation_Part_1_A_Perspective-Based_Theory_of_Cognitive_Development__;!!Mih3wA!UnCykgRh9ZCM26w0yYpjYqT66GEXAAWyFaNO8BGtDZ--rK0JQSLjbSrAZaiP0PmgrCg-1A$ >
paper). This pertains to Mike's anecdote of "do not experience it in that
way", i.e. you can chose how to experience something on the basis of how
you orient to it.

In relation to international level agency, collective experience will be
contingent upon the strategy employed mixed with that nation's politics and
infrastructure. However, each nation's activity is a variation stemming
from a "unitary cause". The variations yield the opportunity for learning
from others, and so there is affordance for a greater synthesis.

It seems this presents two hypotheses: that there is a manifest "world
agency" (reasonable in terms of sharing knowledge, resources etc) and that
a rubicon of sorts is approached which the experiencing will yield a new
horizon etc.

Numerous poetic forms come to mind to express the current circumstances.
Covid-19 is an infrared light that allows many people to see the invisible
ink with which many social contracts, conditions, and assumptions are writ.
It is a "truth tablet" in the sense that objective events will transpire
that cannot be papered over. It is a galvanising force in that we have the
opportunity to stop things that it previously seemed impossible to stop.
Covid-19 can be looked upon as a miraculous opportunity to allow
unproductive "industries" to wither on the vine and apply the resources to
better ends.

Best,
Huw