[Xmca-l] Re: Saussure vs Peirce

Haydi Zulfei haydizulfei@rocketmail.com
Mon Mar 18 03:43:58 PDT 2019

 Andy and esteemed XMCA,
It's our dilemma we meet the Dawn when you meet the Dusk. Now so many fruitful ideas and you have to forget the mutual consecutive turns.
As far as I can see there's no furious agreement. I think what could have been problematic for you (though you usually go direct to Tatiana for removal of ambiguities or problems) is the fact that she used "is" instead of "could be"...a compressed version of the utterance , as we can surely invariably say "A word could be something else", "It could be a sign for a concept". Any word can be seen in its state of liquidity and flexibility because it is not a fossilized Mantra or Elixir. When we were being bombed by Iraq (them by us) just one word came to rescue lives : "Run!!" or just "Hey". All other things which necessitated the use of the word "Run!!" and those things are what we usually call "context" had been going on many many times reviewed and worked out , delivered and received , and many a time this single word too was obliterated and powdered and dried out within the larynx of the articulating creatures. Explicating these very situations on TV they went with words and also utterances on interminable streams and strings.
This you have also learned from Vygotsky's reference to Tolstoy , from the "internal speech" predicated minimally or from the one sole "Allah" on the part of the Muslims on very many occasions which if were not for the underlying predispositions , required a plenitude of "utterances" minimal parings or broader.
Your sticking to "sign for -just-concept" puts one in Wonderland.
Sloppiness is a good term about Bakhtin whether in relation to his authoring of works still messy and foggy , the literary circle and the foundation , his struggle with the Soviet sole voice , the amputation? , his unprecedented attention to Dostoyevsky and the reason behind it (Lunacharsky) , the omission of a great part of his Magnum Opus now presented as an appendix , his way of averting and removing of "dialectics" replacing it with "dialogics" , and a game of approaching and distancing from the reigning power , his intermittent intervals of disappearance and re-emergence and survival to a relative good end , his dealing with terms such as addressivity , archetechtonics , polyphony , heterogloss (a glossary available) , etc. which makes reading his Opus very difficult (Thanks David for the help you gave me and my daughter on request!)
When you fossilize and give stable duration for "word" as some cliche just for "concept" , why then considering "limits" "gradation" "fluidity" for word and if you regard word as a cover for versatile tiding and ebbing phenomena "the stretching of the MEANING of word" and I will add "affectation" "circumstantial predispositions" "changeability caused by slips of the tongue" "popular and folk randomized misuse of words ending in fixation" "loan words in disguise and final crystallization" etc.etc. , again why so strict on the transitional alterable cover.
As for the reduced case of "Rubbish" , it in fact kills the whole idea of voicedness especially poly-voicedness whether you believe it's wrong or exceptionally appropriate , to the point and plausible (thug in American Administration). For instance , if the addressee is horrified by such utterance and either is sunk in complete science using gaze or down-toning with a sigh running from the chest to the throat : Ah!! Mere Trash!! , the Human Communication disrupts.
Voice for Bakhtin was counter to another voice he did not like to hear , hated to hear it , in suffocation and strangulation he opted for what he did.
Haydi