[Xmca-l] Re: kinship

Martin Packer mpacker@cantab.net
Sun Jan 7 15:42:09 PST 2018

Hi Michael. Yes, I meant the plants. And I know that only humans produce definition. In my clumsy way, I was trying to ask what definition of ‘family’ you were employing when you stated that plants form families.

Martin

"I may say that whenever I meet Mrs. Seligman or Dr. Lowie or discuss matters with Radcliffe-Brown or Kroeber, I become at once aware that my partner does not understand anything in the matter, and I end usually with the feeling that this also applies to myself” (Malinowski, 1930)