[Xmca-l] Re: Fw: author articles MCA Issue 4 Perezhivanie

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Tue Jan 17 16:50:32 PST 2017

Thanks for the heads up on the Highlander film, Robert. I'll definitely be
on the lookout for it. From the discussions a while back that included the
Highlander school is clearly a monumental achievement. Seems like we have a
lot of movie watching we get to do at XMCA.  :-)

Whatever their shortcomings, Russian films seem like rich territory for
discussing the polysemous pererzhivanie.  Something about their historical
experience perhaps. Seems like the Highlander film might also provide such
opportunities, given its history of struggle.

mike