[Xmca-l] Re: The Science of Qualitative Research 2ed

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 15:10:25 PST 2017

James,

Apropos fluidity and your prior 3 points of DM, you might like this (Ernst
von Glaserfield on Piaget and Cybernetics):

http://www.univie.ac.at/constructivism/archive/fulltexts/1503.html

For "thrown-ness" you might like this:

"Often a change in active orientation is triggered by a problem in action.
For instance, an action that does not bring about the expected result,
which may result in a new yet familiar process of questioning. The
questioning embodies a certain ‘thrown-ness’ in which a new or altered
active-orientation may be the resulting outcome. The manifestation of new
ideas realise motivated actions on the basis of the newly formed active
orientation in which they arise. Similarly, imaginatively seeing the
transformative steps for accomplishing a task may yield the appropriate
orientation to bring it about."

This is from one of my draft's online (
https://www.academia.edu/24660557/Active_Orientation). I hope to write a
more technical version in the forthcoming year when I have hopefully
completed a rather mammoth task.

Also, your response re the meaning post seemed to be contrary to what I was
posting -- nothing wrong with meaning per se, but rather the fusion of two
similar terms which from a genetic perspective (of reflection) equate to
the same thing...

Best,
Huw