[Xmca-l] Re: An article on the evolution of organizational paradigms you might find interesting

Zlatko Bodrozic bodrozic@web.de
Wed Aug 23 04:00:03 PDT 2017

Thanks Andy!

Indeed! The great contribution of Neo-Schumpeterians such as Carlota
Perez is that they systematize the history of changing technologies (of
communication etc).
(Nikolai Kondratiev,  the pioneer of the Neo-Schumpeterian tradition,
was a contemporary of Vygotsky; they share the focus on historical
processes, possibly also the focus on complexity-capturing units of
analysis. In a sense, Neo-Schumpeterian economic theory is to
traditional neoliberal economic theory, what CHAT is to traditional
psychology).
For all who are interested, I attach an article of Perez and a link to
her current work:
http://beyondthetechrevolution.com/research-project/

As you say Andy, in our paper, we address organisations - half way
between Psychology and Social Theory. And I agree, there is a connection
to social and political organisation: New public management is, in my
opinion, connected to what we call the Business process model
(inaugurated by Business Process Reengineering). Finnish initiatives to
move from “teaching by subject” to “teaching by topic” are possibly
connected to efforts to overcome boundaries and create communities of
practice (what we subsume under the new "Knowledge Management" model).
Kind regards,
Zlatko

Dr. Zlatko Bodrožić

Email: bodrozic@web.de