[Xmca-l] Re: Vygotsky,Marx, & summer reading

David Kellogg dkellogg60@gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 18:48:20 PDT 2017

What other than commodities are the units of capital composed of? That's
easy. Commodities are human relations in a congealed form. Ergo, units of
capital are made of human relations in an uncongealed form. You are not a
fetishist, are you?

My point about actions and activities was precisely that activities are NOT
made up of anything more than actions; that's why activity fails the third
test.

I think that Engestrom tries to show some of the abstract rules, the
community relations and the division of labor that subtends all this
activity, but the distinctions between (e.g.) rules and division of labor,
or division of labor and community, are not too clear. As you say, blurring
is a problem, if our goal is analysis, and an analysis that shows the
heterogeneity (the distinctiveness) of parts.

dk

David Kellogg
Macquarie University

Recent Article: Vygotsky, Halliday, and Hasan: Towards Conceptual
Complementarity

Free E-print Downloadable at:

http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/W7EDsmNSEwnpIKFRG8Up/full