[Xmca-l] Re: Vygotsky,Marx, & summer reading

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Mon Aug 21 21:21:31 PDT 2017

I think it's more a case that the Kellogg Test#c fails the
Activity Theory test, just as the Kellogg Test#a fails
Marx's Capital.

The whole is greater than the part (if it is a genuine
whole) not because there are some additional parts you
forgot to add up but precisely because it is a whole despite
being not made up of anything other than the parts.

I am reminded of A N Leontyev's "accusation" that taking
/perezhivniya /a units of personality set up a logical
circle: "... / perezhivanie/, as the specific form through
which the whole personality manifests itself, now occupies
the place that formerly belonged to the whole personality of
the child,” that is, determining the child’s
/ perezhivanie/“... a logical vicious circle." Leontyev
seems to think that teh only genuine form of science is
reductionism.

Andy

Andy Blunden
http://home.mira.net/~andy