[Xmca-l] Re: Peter Jones bookmarked a fascinating article by Craig Brandist on Academia.edu.

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Mon Sep 26 10:27:51 PDT 2016

​Hi Larry --

I also recommend the article to which you point xmcaers. At an earlier
time, exploration of volkerpsychologie in seeking to understand
cultural-historical psychology origins was a living theme at LCHC. For
those who want to know more about this line of work, which remains relevant
as Larry notes, I recommend the special issue of the LCHC  Newsletter for
1990.  It does not substitute for the article Larry is pointing to. Rather,
it provides an account of volkepsycholgie within the context of
methodologies for the study of the role of culture in development.

It is available here.
http://lchc.ucsd.edu/Histarch/ja90v12n1.PDF

mike

--

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch