[Xmca-l] JoLLE's Fall Issue is LIVE!!!

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Wed Nov 16 10:39:54 PST 2016

We are proud to announce the Fall 2016 issue of the Journal of Language and Literacy Education (Volume 12, Issue 2)! You can find it by clicking on this link: http://jolle.coe.uga.edu/current-issue.

>From elementary school-aged readers to university faculty writers, the work presented in this issue seeks to help educators grow a hope for a "viable pluralism backed by a willingness to negotiate differences in world-view" (Bruner, 1990, p. 30). There is work to be done towards this end, and we are proud in this Fall 2016 issue of JoLLE to bring readers examples of the efforts being put forth by educators from many walks of life, in multitudinous settings, and through diverse mediums.

It is our hope that this issue calls to question the stories around us, inviting dialogue, raising questions, and challenging the dominant discourses that construct-and potentially change-our worlds.

PLEASE share this news widely. We look forward to the dialogues this issue will bring.

Thank you,

Nick and Jenn

Nick Thompson & Jenn Whitley, Co-Principal Editors
Heidi Lyn Hadley, Managing Editor
Journal of Language and Literacy Education<http://jolle.coe.uga.edu/>
The University of Georgia
Aderhold 315