[Xmca-l] Re: Appeal for help

R.J.S.Parsons r.j.s.parsons@open.ac.uk
Tue Jul 5 03:38:07 PDT 2016

Hi Andy - good point about people expressing the virtues. I must think
further about that.

The next question instantly gives me pause for thought - the idea of a
natural virtue that allows people to do bad things. The immediate
question, I suppose, is who decides. Is anger never a virtuous act? if
it is, who decides when it is and when it isn't? I could conceive of a
Leave voter who was justifiably angry about political manipulation, but
who would genuinely disassociate themselves from the manifestations of
racism we have seen recently.

Rob