[Xmca-l] Re: Volkelt's diagram (LSV's HMF Vol 4)

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Sun Jan 10 17:59:36 PST 2016

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, in sense 9.
"moment" means "An essential element or significant aspect
of a complex conceptual entity" first used in a translation
of Kant's Critique of Pure Reason in 1838.
But the OED also refers to "moment" in meaning 8c as
"torque," so I guess that exposes a bit of Cole word play
going on there, yes?
Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/