[Xmca-l] Re: Life off grid - communitas?

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 09:03:45 PDT 2015

Yes, but I disagree with the hook-ups with the capacity for the sublime
wonder or notions of guilt and morality.  These are experienced, for sure,
but I think this is really something extra that is brought to the fray by
those with the freedom and capacity to be sensitive and responsive towards
it in their own idiosyncratic ways.  There seems to a rather large matter
of overlooking that the leviathon of 'humanity' is actually composed of
architectures we have yet to understand.  And, moreover, it is not the
object of wonder that induces wonder, but rather the capacities and
inclinations of the subject.

The brief still point in the article (is it an article?) is the observation
and reminder that a great many people are in thrall of the idea of
unmediated knowledge, which is something to complement the usual anti-ideas
of simplicity and description.

If we live in virtual sanitised worlds in which the small problems of
nature are kept at bay, we lose our sensitivity to anything of any greater
power.  For those people who have never elected to be curious, they really
do not have an option other than to respond to that which is happening to
them here and now.  The underlying theme here seems to be, again, the
disconnect between the (anti) idea of description (and discourse) and the
notion that psychological developments that equate to the the realisation
of powerful ideas such as mediated knowledge are dependent upon concrete
activity, which is about facing reality.

Huw