[Xmca-l] Re: 4 experiencing fans

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 2 16:49:17 PST 2015

Hi Niktarios --- The difficulty of separating what LSV wrote from later
interpretations that get read back on to him is pervasive and probably
unavoidable. Even those who read his Russian texts do not agree on
interpretation.

The difficulty is compounded for us non-Russians because of translation
difficulties (to which I have contributed -- see mca article on obuchenie)
but it is also a result of people reading secondary sources and assuming
that the writer's position, even when s/he draws upon LSV, is equivalent to
LSV.

Scaffolding is one of those innovations that seems to stick around
tenaciously, despite criticism.

I think its great that the perezhivanie discussion has led to issues of
therapy which have much less hold in the US, it seems, than other parts of
the world.. Lois Holtzman's writings on the topic are a clear exception.
For those with this kind of interest, it provides an opening for finding
out who else in xmca land is similarly inclined.

mike

--

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an
object that creates history. Ernst Boesch