[Xmca-l] Re: "Scaling up" and "Big ideas"

Rafi Santo rsanto@indiana.edu
Wed Mar 18 15:38:22 PDT 2015

Engestrom's idea of "wildfire" activities seems like it might be relevant
to this discussion of "anti-scale", viral and/or federated models. Wildfire
activities are explicitly messy and locally contextualized, similar to peer
production/open source, characterized by "expansive swarming" around
practices/ideas, but do have a logic to them, if semi-linear, in terms of
advancing practice and knowledge.

http://www.helsinki.fi/cradle/documents/Engestrom%20Publ/Wildfire%20activities%20paper.pdf

--

Rafi Santo