[Xmca-l] Re: "Language Gap" forum in JLA

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Mon Jun 1 15:39:22 PDT 2015

I thought this topic was in an exchange between Peter and myself, but glad
to see I was wrong. My own very partial response on this specific issue is
attached. At least its short!
The directly relevant material is the description of the work of bill hall
and colleagues conducted in the 1970's and widely ignored.

The illusion that parent training programs will end poverty is certainly a
powerful one in the United States. At the very least, social scientists can
stop making inequalities worse by misusing the tools of their trade
eggregiously.

mike