[Xmca-l] Re: What is a Pedagogy of the Oppressors?

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Thu Jan 8 18:17:09 PST 2015

Hi Francine,

If you are saying I'm harassing you it was not my intention.

I am passing on information, that is all.

>From what've I read, the linguistic argument is no longer holding water, that the archeological findings show a different story. Even the Vedas themselves discuss astrological events that place them long before 2000 BC. I'm just passing on what I read from the article. David Frawley is a respected Vedic scholar, so I'm going to rely on his data and conclusions.

No one denies that Sanskrit is linked to European languages. So I'm a bit confused about that.

As far as grasslands, there are as many different kinds of terrain in India as in Africa, or The Americas, Australia, or China, even Europe isn't considered a monoculture.

Here:
http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/grassland-ecosystem-india-33833.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Grasslands_of_India

Further, I don't find discussing any topic necessarily taboo, but it is nice to discuss what is factual, and that is my only reason to bring it up. I was sharing with you that the story may be offensive to some people so that you are aware of that because you might not know.

I'm sorry that this story of Aryan conquest is so important to you, however I think it's important to understand that is it no longer supportable, at least is it looking this way.

You are always free to decide for yourself.

Annalisa