[Xmca-l] Re: What is a Pedagogy of the Oppressors?

larry smolucha lsmolucha@hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 22:37:00 PST 2015

Hi Annalisa,

In a caring way, I want to point out to you that in your comments
you  make personal remarks about my motivation.
You are wrong when you say that "the story of Aryan conquest is so
important to me." It is not something I care about, one way or another.
 I could just as well say "I am sorry that debunking the story is so important to you."

Also, while David Frawley is a Vedic Scholar, he is not a linguist, an archaeologist,
or a genetic anthropologist.

I appreciate your drawing my attention to the heated controversy over the
story of the Aryan invasion of India. It is simply that I do not think that
the issue has been resolved. I think that in the future geno-anthropological
data will be decisive in determining if there were major migrations into
India from the West that coincide with the appearance of Sanskrit texts.

To all XMCARs, it is important that we can disagree, even if someone is offended,
as long as our intention is not to antagonize each other but to gain understanding.

And, let me tie this directly to the Pedagogy of Oppression. The Pedagogy of Oppression
could become a witch hunt that various groups use to 'fire up the base' and attack others.
Once you open this Pandora's box, seemingly homogenous groups (based on race, gender, , ethnicity, age, religion, or ideology) start to fight among themselves as the group fractures along the lines of race, gender, ethnicity, age, religion, and ideology. This is happening now
in the Islamic world.