[Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists

Morten Nissen mn@edu.au.dk
Sun Feb 22 12:37:31 PST 2015

Yes, it's really frustrating.... the Danish (and I'm sure most other) media present the situation by interviewing finance CEOs who say that the Greeks owe money to the Germans but are whining even though they have such privileged pension systems.
Yes indeed, the Syriza and Podemos strategy is to push for a European reform - not impossible, recall that the present French administration was headed that way at first.

Morten Nissen
PhD, Dr. Psych.
Professor
Department of Education
Aarhus University
Tuborgvej 164
2400 Copenhagen NV

Tlf: +45 30282418
www.edu.au.dk/

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: xmca-l-bounces+mn=edu.au.dk@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces+mn=edu.au.dk@mailman.ucsd.edu] På vegne af Carol Macdonald
Sendt: 22. februar 2015 16:10
Til: Andy Blunden; eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Emne: [Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists

Now THAT would be an achievement - a laudable one.  People to think that the Greeks simply don't like austerity, that it's just their termperament.
In South Africa we have 60% of the young people who are unemployed living in the townships, and we think we are sitting on a powder keg.

Perhaps they don't have these kegs in Europe anymore, but I think having 58% of one's young people unemployed is totally unacceptable.  When that happened to Europe in the 1930s it led to the rise of Fascism.  I think the Communists are right.

--
Carol A  Macdonald Ph D (Edin)
Developmental psycholinguist