[Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 11:57:29 PST 2015

Mike,
A further reflection on your comment,

*nothing succeeds in reproducing itself better than a false sense of
entitlement*

Every professor with tenure, a house, and the absence of war in his/her
local neighborhood could do worse than to put that  thought on their
computer as a screensaver.

I wonder if there is a further link to the urge or hunger for "standards"
and the ostensible urge [hunger] to "specify" within professionalized
"disciplines".
In other words the way every professor with tenure and a house is
"invested" in maintaining rigid disciplinary boundaries.
What needs to be "laid bare" it seems is how often the voices of criticism
emerge within specified "boundaries" as disciplinary "standards". Which
returns us to Morten Nissen's work and his pointing to the "could be ...".
 Andy's urge to break out of rigid standards [such as psychology and
sociology] through "projects" which bring something new into the world may
need to see through standards and specifications as the way through
Larry