[Xmca-l] Re: how to broaden/enliven the xmca discussion

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 11:41:02 PDT 2014

How to broaden and enliven the chat?

Bringing Tim to the discussion and the theme of *active* and *passive*
orienting as SENS.

Here is an attached article from a Merleau-Pony angle on moving in the
world - contrasting with the
more cognitive inferential approach.

At least juxtaposing active and passive as notions will engender reflection
on activity, acts, and operations [unconscious or conscious?]

[PS Peirce suggests  simultaneously BOTH  "perceptual AND inferential
*processeS* through abductive ways of moving.

I sense Tim Ingold playing within these play grounds