[Xmca-l] Re: how to broaden/enliven the xmca discussion

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 07:23:08 PDT 2014

Andy , David

The Purves article on writing as *activity* *acts* and *operations* is
translating what I read is another language game of *process* and
*composing processeS* that refer to *conscious* and *unconscious* processes
that emerge or recede into the unconscious.

THIS particular act of *translation* [from process language TO activity
language] and asking us to become *dis-embedded* from the terms *process*
and *unconscious* and shift to a language of *activity* as meaning
processeS  and *operations* in relation to *acts* as coming in and out of
conscious awareness seems like an example of the use of *activity* and
*acts* and *operations* as gesturing at the same phenomena [knowledge,
awareness, focussing, coming into and out of *being as begings] as other
language games [pragmatism, phenomenology, etc] as observing and commenting
on these *processes/activities*.

I *read* [and translated] the terms of activity theory [as presented in
this particular article] as gesturing towards the phenomena of moving and
dwelling and preferring one particular language game over another.

I couldn't help *hearing* this article as an invitation to *dwell* or
*occupy* THIS way of performing as activities, acts, and operations [which
come in and out of *focus* or *attention* or *attunement*.

The metaphor of psycho -dramatics and being invited *on stage* to perform
THIS ACT with these ACTORS.

My question is if this particular language game is more *instrumental*
than other alternatives and as instrumental is *preferable*? [a question of
*ought*]

Should this particular language game with the terms *activity* acts* and
*operations* BE LIMITED to *behaviour* or is the language game more
EXPANSIVE and going BEYOND behaviour to play in the realm of *the*
unconscious and conscious moving into and out of awareness.

I also am *reading* Peirce's *secondness* [as inhibition of SELF-control]
and letting phenomena BE PRESENT as compelling and THERE prior to thirdness
[general, symbolic as within nature as present and showing up when
SELF-control is inhibited]

Larry